In keeping with our Mission Statement, clean and sober living homes are provided for men and women in recovery due to alcohol and drug addiction. We believe that a person’s self-esteem is strongly influenced by his immediate surroundings. In particular, we feel this is true of recovering alcohol and drug addicted individuals. With this philosophy in mind, Haven Home is committed to providing the finest in residential Sober Living with locations in beautiful Southern California and Orange County.
Whether one is new to recovery, or has a history of sobriety, there is a continuing need for support and encouragement.
Our homes give the needed support and assist in a gradual transition to a happier, healthier lifestyle, with the realization that it is possible to
live and thrive in the community at large. Many men and women are without a Safe, Clean and Sober Living Environment for accomplishing their
desired recovery. It is with this in mind that Haven Homes was established.
Our homes are available at affordable, competitive rates.
Amenities included are:
- Quiet living in lovely suburban neighborhoods
- Internet; DVD players; Cable Internet and WI-FI access.
- local and long distance phone calls
- Clean & sober on-site managers experienced in after-care living
- Clean, comfortable bedrooms, beautifully furnished, with plenty of room for storage
- Beautifully appointed common areas
- Attractive and well-maintained interiors and exteriors
- Fully equipped kitchen and laundry facilities
- The security and serenity offered through a drug and alcohol free home
- Easy access to public transportation, shopping, job opportunities, colleges and houses of worship
- A supportive, friendly staff who encourage residents to attend Bible studies, twelve-step meetings, home meetings and community programs.
- Homes that are close to beaches, professional offices, and twelve-step meetings
- An atmosphere that affords privacy, anonymity and discretion for the residents
- Transitional Homes, also known as Sober Livings, provide a safe environment for persons willing to maintain sobriety.
There is zero tolerance for drug and alcohol in our homes, and more than a halfway house, we help each other stay clean and sober.
Through active learning of the 12-step program, residents are taught to become giving and productive members of the community. They are
afforded the opportunity to become the men and women they have always wanted to be, living with direction and purpose.
“Uphold my steps in Your paths, O Lord, that my footsteps may not slip.” Psalm 17:5
Because Haven Homes requires that an individual stays grounded and focused on a life without drugs or alcohol, Haven Homes assists
in changing a person’s attitude and perspective regarding the choice of a sober lifestyle. An important part of one’s recovery
is building a solid foundation. Toward this goal, we include Operation Solid Lives,
Twelve Step meetings, friendships with other recovering
persons, sponsorship, and responsibility. An addict’s chance for continued recovery is increased by assistance from Haven Homes in
implementing this stable foundation into daily life. There are requirements for eligibility to reside in our structured environment:
- Stay drug and alcohol free. There is random testing.
- Have a willingness to remain clean and sober
- Follow the Twelve-Step Program
- Have a Sponsor, who is most of all a friend to be counted on
- Follow our House Rules. We are very structured and have many success stories
- Attend our Bible-based Twelve Step discussion meetings, and our Twelve Step speaker meetings
- Attend at least two additional Twelve Step meetings (AA, NA, CA, or similar) per week.
- Have a legal source of income. Must be self-supporting.
Supportive services such as job referral assistance, court-liaison and representation, linkage with county and state welfare,
and rehabilitation agencies are provided. Our homes are conveniently located within walking distance to 12-Step meetings,
bus-lines and shopping. (The beaches are close by but not within walking distance) Additional requirements are to:
- Attend thirty meetings in the first thirty days of sobriety
- Get a sponsor
- Remain clean and sober.
Random drug and alcohol screening is frequently conducted, both as a means of deterrence, and in cases of suspected usage. A dirty
(or positive) test constitutes grounds for immediate dismissal, followed by notification to local law enforcement authorities, parole and
While we do accept clients who take medications, we do not allow medications that contain any
drug listed on the
DEA web site www.justice.gov/dea/docs/drugs_of_abuse_2011.pdf
No Sex Offenders, Arsonists or persons exhibiting or record of violent behavior will be admitted.
To reserve a bed, a deposit may be requested. This money is refunded at the time one leaves the home to
continue their transition by returning to the community at large. The deposit may not be refundable if one leaves prior to their
90-day commitment, or demonstrates relapse behavior and is asked to leave. It is at the discretion of the house community to determine
if someone is demonstrating negative and/or relapse behavior, and at that time may be placed on a contract. If the guidelines of the
contract are not maintained, they will be required to leave, and again would forfeit the refund of their initial deposit. At this time,
the program fees are from $120.00-$140.00 per week. Arrangements can be made to pay on a weekly or monthly basis and a payment contract
will be established at that time.
Our program fees are for bed space only. The following are at no charge:
- Biblical counseling is part of our ministry and is available at no cost to our people
- Our Bible studies are “in-house” weekly meetings
- Substance abuse counseling is available for both residents and non-residents
Also provided within the community is assistance in personal management, time management, and goal setting to assist the resident in becoming a more
efficient, productive member of society.
It is our belief that recovery consists of a commitment to Bible study, as well as working the Twelve Step Program. Our desire is to help the addicted
individual find both Jesus and sobriety, where Jesus comes first.
In Biblical counseling, we believe that God’s Word is sufficient for all the problems of mankind. In keeping with that belief, we feel that
the Twelve Step program was designed to lead the addicted individual on a journey down a path to a new way of life, and that God guides and directs us on
that path. His plans for our new life are explained in great detail in the Bible and the Twelve Step Principles. Here, at Haven Homes, addicted
men and women will find a clean and safe place to live. There is counseling available to help build a new life with a strong foundation that assures
a positive, productive future.
We believe that God works through His children, His chosen ones, to reach the lost and forgotten in this world. He works through His body of believers
to reach and teach each of us the way to find freedom from the demons that have bound us. Using His willing followers, he delivers His message of freedom.
“Share each other’s troubles and problems, and so obey our Lord’s command.” Galatians 6:2
In the first step, our people must admit that they are powerless over their diseases, and that their lives have become unmanageable. By praying to God in Jesus name,
asking Him to remove your desire to drink and/or use drugs, offer yourself to God to use your life as He chooses. God will change your life beyond your
imagination. He has done this for myself as well as for many others. God only gives good gifts.